Big Data for Fundamental Investing: A Big Biotech Use Case
Empirical Research Partners’ U.S. Portfolio Strategist Rochester Cahan and Peter Hafez, Chief Data Scientist at RavenPack, discussed on Empirical Research Partners’ white paper highlighted in our blog post about biotech investing.
They specifically addressed:
- Big Data sources for fundamental investors
- Sentiment signal vs. traditional signals such as price momentum
- Sentiment around earnings expectations vs. sell-side analysts' earnings revision
- Sentiment for timing entry into value stocks and as an input into failure modelling
- Event detection and sentiment to augment fundamental understanding of what drives long-term performance in a given industry
- Live Q&A
When: Thursday, March 7th, 2019 11:30 AM - 12:15 PM ET
Where Online Registration is closed
The webinar is free to attend.
Rochester Cahan, CFA
U.S. Portfolio Strategist
Empirical Research Partners
Mr. Cahan is the U.S. Portfolio Strategist at Empirical Research Partners LLC, having joined the firm in 2013 to focus on a broad spectrum of research topics ranging from bottom-up stock-selection to top-down macroeconomic analysis. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Cahan was the head of U.S. Quantitative Strategy for Deutsche Bank in New York. He also held quantitatively-focused positions at Macquarie Bank and Citigroup
Chief Data Scientist
Peter is a pioneer in the field of applied news analytics, bringing alternative data to banks and hedge funds. He has more than 15 years of experience in quantitative finance with companies such as Standard & Poor's, Credit Suisse First Boston, and Saxo Bank.
Questions about the Empirical Research Partners webinar?