About AI and Data Science in Trading
With endless new data sources and improved AI technology, a fundamental change is on the horizon. Asset Managers now have to learn new skills, build teams and master the latest computer technology. Over this two day event, you will hear from 50 world-class speakers from technology providers, asset management companies and academia. With a mix of standalone speakers, engaging panel sessions and debates, this is set to be a valuable conference.
Our very own Peter Hafez, Chief Data Scientist, is a member of the AI and Data Science in Trading Advisory Board whereby he offers his expertise in shaping the agenda.
- Risk Management & Regulation
- Quant for Fundamentals
- Quantitative Methods
- Use of Alternative Data
- Artificial Intelligence
- Technology, Infrastructure & Innovation
Armando Gonzalez, CEO
Day One: 12:00pm - Armando's stand alone presentation, titled "Big Data is the New Currency", is the way data is collected, anonymized and monetized largely without the owner’s permission is ready to be disrupted providing many benefits to hedge fund data buyers. This presentation provides a pathway for the individual to control and share in the value their data creates, and for data users to gain access to richer more specific data sets.
Peter Hafez, Chief Data Scientist
Day One: 4:40pm - Peter will participate on a panel discussion titled "Understanding the very latest developments in NLP: What is the current state of play, and how can you benefit from incorporating it into your investment strategy?" Covering the following:
- Rule based NLP vs deep learning, i.e. relying on human intervention and ingesting touches of augmented AI rules to better detect key elements of languages in a proper NLP system
- Using proprietary deep tech and being early adopters of new technologies as opposed to relying on open source
- The challenges of adapting an English NLP engine to different languages, public sources (such as Twitter that almost has its own language), or thousands of different types of file formats (proprietary textual content from clients)
With a highly anticipated conference that is set to provide two full days learning from 50 world-class speakers, and as a Gold Sponsor, we have a limited number of discounted tickets available. For discounted tickets please email firstname.lastname@example.org
March 19 & 20, 2019
New York City