About AI and Data Science in Trading Conference
With endless new data sources and improved AI technology, a fundamental change is on the horizon. Asset Managers now have to learn new skills, build teams and master the latest computer technology. Over this two day event, you will hear from 50 world-class speakers from technology providers, asset management companies and academia. With a mix of standalone speakers, engaging panel sessions and debates, this is set to be a valuable conference.
Our very own Peter Hafez, Chief Data Scientist, is a member of the AI and Data Science in Trading Advisory Board whereby he offers his expertise in shaping the agenda.
- Risk Management & Regulation
- Quant for Fundamentals
- Quantitative Methods
- Use of Alternative Data
- Artificial Intelligence
- Technology, Infrastructure & Innovation
Peter Hafez, Chief Data Scientist
Day One: 4:20pm - Peter will present interesting insights into unlocking internal data using NLP.
Day One: 4:40pm - Peter will participate on a panel discussion titled "Challenges and opportunities in widespread NLP adoption" Covering the following:
- Rule based NLP vs deep learning, i.e. relying on human intervention and ingesting touches of augmented AI rules to better detect key elements of languages in a proper NLP system
- Using proprietary deep tech and being early adopters of new technologies as opposed to relying on open source
- The challenges of adapting an English NLP engine to different languages, public sources (such as Twitter that almost has its own language), or thousands of different types of file formats (proprietary textual content from clients)
September 16 & 17, 2019
155 Bishopsgate, EC2M 3TQ