Innovations in big data analysis, both from within and beyond the financial community, are unleashing a wave of change that promises to transform every aspect of financial services. To compete, financial institutions need to move quickly and decisively to adopt new sources of data and possibly change their investment models -- or risk falling behind savvy “high tech” investors.
What are these new alternative data sources? What are the opportunities and risks in incorporating alternative data into investor models, and do the benefits outweigh the costs? The panelists will describe how using alternative data sets for investing and trading differs from previous approaches utilizing traditional data.
- Moderator: Armando Gonzalez, CEO, RavenPack
- Matt Ober, Co-Head of Data Strategy, WorldQuant
- Leigh Drogen, Founder and CEO, Estimize
- Eric Weinberg, President of Field Operations, Return Path
- Yin Luo, Managing Director, Global Head of Quantitative Strategy, Deutsche Bank
Session recorded June 16 2016 at the RavenPack 4th Annual Research Conference, titled "Reshaping Finance with Alternative Data".