In Episode 5 of our Webinar Series, Noel Friedman, Executive Director at MSCI joined Peter Hafez, Chief Data Scientist at RavenPack, to discuss themes and topics around sustainable investing.
Apart from providing an overview of global ESG trends, we also addressed some of the following questions:
- What are some of the myths and misconceptions surrounding ESG Investing?
- Has the coronavirus tilted or expanded the metric on which we measure Sustainability (for instance on the future of work and mobility)?
- Has the Covid-19 crisis permanently impaired the supply chains of U.S. companies already dealing with the effects of the U.S.-China Trade Wars, and what are the implications for ESG Investing?
- What will be the cost of further disruption to global companies, and how will that impact ESG investors?
- What are some of the strategies investors can use to trade ESG stocks to enhance returns?
Related RavenPack Research
- Access our white papers on ESG
- RavenPack News Sentiment Outperforms During Coronavirus Crisis
- What is the News Really Telling Us About the COVID-19 Pandemic?
Noel is the Executive Director for ESG Ratings at MSCI, Inc., where he manages Product and Business Development as well as the overall strategy for the business. Noel also manages all ESG products for the Americas. Prior to joining MSCI Inc., Mr. Friedman was the Global Head of Business Development for RiskMetrics ESG Analytics and Managing Director for Research Products at KLD Research & Analytics.
Since joining MSCI via KLD in 1998, Noel Friedman served first as a research analyst and created KLD’s Client Services department, serving as its first manager. Mr. Friedman also co-founded KLD’s Research Products group, initially as a Product Manager. He led the development of KLD Compliance into the industry standard for managing social restrictions in the separately managed accounts industry, which at the time of KLD’s acquisition, was the second largest and fastest growing research product at KLD. Noel is currently a member of the Boston Security Analysts Society's (BSAS) Private Wealth Committee and the BSAS Sustainable Investment Conference committee. Noel was formerly a member of the BSAS Equity committee. Noel is also a member of the Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment Education and Conference Committees. Noel formerly served as a member and co-chair of the steering committee of the Social Investment Research Analyst Network (SIRAN). Noel has a B.A. in Political Science from Boston University and has successfully completed the Chartered Financial Analyst program.
Peter is a pioneer in the field of applied news analytics, bringing alternative data to banks and hedge funds.
He has more than 15 years of experience in quantitative finance with companies such as Standard & Poor's, Credit Suisse First Boston, and Saxo Bank.
Subscribe to COVID-19 Updates