Senior Scrum Master – Project Manager
RavenPack is looking for a Senior Scrum Master – Project Manager to join the Product team at our Spanish headquarter.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, you will start working remotely, but eventually, this position will be based at our beautiful office in Marbella, Spain.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building web-based products for finance that customers love. You will join an energetic team of talented individuals working on a big data analytics platform. You will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, helping our team to deliver new features that embody the company’s vision and strategy.
You are a strong senior Scrum Master with the ability to leverage Agile methodologies and thinking across business and technology initiatives while providing the necessary coaching and guidance to leadership. You will be instrumental in ensuring that all projects meet the expectations and needs of our business partners and employees. Incumbent is responsible for planning and executing one or more important projects using the agile development processes, Scrum management methodology, and other project management techniques.
You will get to work in an exciting, engaging, and at times disruptive, Agile environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries and share new ideas.
The ability to communicate effectively in English, both in writing and verbally is a must. Knowledge of Spanish is not a business requirement.
European Union’s legal working status is required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of small to medium scale through all sprints/iterations and phases of the project
- Organize and facilitate sprint planning and release planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and other agile related events
- Track and communicate team metrics and sprint/release progress to all teams and management
- Identify and help to facilitate resolution of prioritization conflicts for project team members with competing stakeholders, project leads, and department heads.
- Works independently, without the need for day-to-day guidance.
- In partnership with the product owner, agile coaches, scrum teams on user story sizing and acceptance criteria definition, facilitates the definition of minimal viable product and leads continuous refinement and prioritization of the product backlog
- Ensure the development teams are embracing and practicing core agile principles
- Ensure that project portfolios are updated for status, resource capacity planning, and budget preparation
- Strong commitment and support of the success of the core team and its outcomes
- Assist with internal and external communication
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition
- Determine and remove all obstacles that may interfere with the ability of the teams to deliver assigned goals
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Provide direction to project activities to ensure successful implementation and support
- Promote continuous improvement and help teams to increase velocity
- Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters experimentation, creativity, and innovation
- Provide strategic thinking and tactical execution
- Ability to communicate, influence, and partner effectively using strong verbal and written communication
- Proficiency with JIRA
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience of Scrum Master experience
- 5+ years’ experience in an agile / scrum environment
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of successfully managing complex Agile teams in a results-driven environment
- Thorough understanding of software development processes and lifecycle
- Ability to adjust and apply technical knowledge in a dynamic environment using Agile development principles
- Proven experience building strong working relationships and working successfully in cross-functional teams
- Ability to quickly understand the scope of the project and identify key success and risk factors
- Exceptional verbal, written, and communication skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Enthusiastic team-player, team leader as well as a self-starter
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and evolving priorities
- Flexible, yet firm in approach to managing the project
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and/or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) preferred
We help organizations extract value and insights from large amounts of information - and we do it quickly and easily. Our products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk and increase operational efficiency. Today, we serve some of the most sophisticated banks, hedge funds, and organizations in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.