Location: Marbella, Spain
RavenPack is searching for a Quantitative Researcher to join the Data Science Team at our Spanish headquarter.
As a Quantitative Researcher, you will be participating in the development of new products, as well as showcasing the value of our data for trading and investment purposes across various asset classes and time horizons.
You will be reporting directly to the Head of Quant Research in Europe and will interact with peers across various lines of business and technical teams to support projects that will span big data analysis and product development among others.
The ability to communicate effectively in English both in writing and verbally is a must. Knowledge of Spanish is not a business requirement. European Union's legal working status is required. Competitive compensation and a fun working environment. Relocation assistance available, but working remotely is not possible for this position.
Responsibilities of a Quantitative Researcher:
As a Quantitative Researcher, you will be part of a team focused on creating research papers to further build RavenPack’s brand as a thought leader in the alternative data industry. You will be working independently on practical academic researches and bringing them to life into the financial industry settings.
- Providing data insights to discuss your research with some of the top quantitative researchers in the industry.
- Communicating complex analytical concepts in a clear and concise manner to senior leaders.
- A Ph.D./MSc in an Applied Science, e.g. Statistics, Physics, Signal Processing, Machine Learning, Econometrics, etc. or equivalent working experience in quant research.
- Experience in one or more of the following languages: R, Matlab, Python, SQL is seen as a plus.
- Outstanding quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to develop original research.
- An enthusiastic and collaborative approach to research and the desire to work with colleagues as smart as you are.
- Experience working with large data sets, or noisy data would be an advantage.
We help organizations extract value and insights from large amounts of information - and we do it quickly and easily. Our products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk and increase operational efficiency. Today, we serve some of the most sophisticated banks, hedge funds, and organizations in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.