Quantitative Researchers - NYC
Location: Midtown, NYC
RavenPack is searching for Quantitative Researcher(s) to join the Data Science Team at our Midtown office in New York. This is a full-time position, starting immediately.
As a Quantitative Researcher, you will be participating in the development of new products, as well as showcasing the value of our data for trading and investment purposes across various asset classes and time horizons.
You will be reporting to the Head of Fundamental Research and will interact with peers across various lines of business and technical teams to support projects that will span big data analysis and product development among others.
The ability to communicate effectively in English both in writing and verbally is a must. U.S. legal working status is required. We offer competitive compensation and a fun working environment. Relocation assistance is available.
Responsibilities of a Quantitative Researcher:
As a Quantitative Researcher, you will be part of the team focused on creating research papers to further build RavenPack’s brand as a thought leader in the alternative data industry. You will be working independently on practical use-cases for RavenPack Sentiment showcasing the value across various asset classes. Furthermore, your responsibilities will include:
- Detecting, confirming, and amplifying predictive signals in our data while filtering out non-relevant information.
- Providing data insights and discuss your research with the top quantitative researchers and investors in the industry.
- Communicating complex analytical concepts in a clear and concise manner to management.
- A PhD/MSc in Quantitative or Computational Finance, or from any related fields including Statistics, Physics, Signal Processing, Machine Learning, Computational or Applied Mathematics etc.
- Experience in one or more of the following languages: R, Matlab, Python.
- Outstanding quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to develop original research.
- An enthusiastic and collaborative approach to research and the desire to work with colleagues as smart as you.
- Experience working with large data sets, or noisy data would be an advantage.
- 1-2 years of experience from the Buy-side or from Sell-side Research.
RavenPack is the leading big data analytics provider for financial services. Financial professionals rely on RavenPack for its speed and accuracy in analyzing large amounts of unstructured content. The company's products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk or increase efficiency by systematically incorporating the effects of public information in their models or workflows. RavenPack's clients include the most successful hedge funds, banks, and asset managers in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.