New York City
Location: New York City, Midtown
RavenPack is hiring a full-time QIS Quant to join our Data Science team in our office in New York, Midtown.
As a QIS quant will be responsible for the research, development, and maintenance of investable indices which will be used by internal users such as data scientists, product development team, sales team and external clients such as investment banks, hedge funds, and asset managers.
QIS quant builds investable indices, creates tools to analyze portfolios, manage and analyze data and optimize portfolios. This person will work within the data science team on those projects and help other teams to answer questions about investable indices.
The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about the financial markets that will have some experience with big data. It is someone who can translate data, ideas, strategy prototypes into practical investable solutions. The ideal candidate will actively participate in all phases of index development lifecycle: research, development, testing, release, production support.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in quantitative fields such as Math, Engineering, Physics or Computer Science.
- 2+ years of experience within the strat or quant team preferably supporting QIS business in investment banks, asset managers or hedge funds.
- Advanced programming skills in R and Python. Experience with creating scalable software.
- Ability to transform concepts and ideas into investable indices.
- Solid understanding of statistics, linear algebra, and optimization.
- Strong communication skills.
We help organizations extract value and insights from large amounts of information - and we do it quickly and easily. Our products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk and increase operational efficiency. Today, we serve some of the most sophisticated banks, hedge funds, and organizations in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.