Python Web Developer
Location: Marbella, Spain
In RavenPack we are searching for a Python Web Developer to join RavenPack’s Development Team.
As a Python Web Developer you will work within your team to bring to life the knowledge extracted from hundreds of thousands of documents each day, all in real time.
You will be reporting directly to the Web Development Manager and will interact with an international team of developers skilled in Web technologies, plus Python, Java, Common Lisp, and SQL.
The ability to communicate effectively in English both in writing and verbally is a must. Knowledge of Spanish is not a business requirement. European Union legal working status is required. Competitive compensation and a fun working environment. Relocation assistance available, but working remotely is not possible for this position.
Responsibilities of a Python Web Developer:
As a Python Web Developer, you will take a large amount of data and make it usable for non-data professional individuals. The main purpose of this team is to provide tools and interfaces that are going to be used by clients and internal users, while automating and facilitating all the development processes. For that reason, this team has to react quickly to the product requirements.
- Designing and implementing compelling and maintainable medium/big web applications.
- Automating processes to facilitate their development.
- Creating new features according to the clients’ requirements.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject.
- +2 years of professional experience working with Python to develop web.
- +2 years of professional experience with a Python-based framework, such as Django or Flask.
- +2 years of professional experience working in real-time applications.
- High degree of independence.
- Professional experience working with Apache, Nginx or some large production deployment.
- Experience with various Amazon Web Services (AWS), such as Redshift, Kinesis, DynamoDB and ECS.
RavenPack is the leading big data analytics provider for financial services. Financial professionals rely on RavenPack for its speed and accuracy in analyzing large amounts of unstructured content. The company's products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk or increase efficiency by systematically incorporating the effects of public information in their models or workflows. RavenPack's clients include the most successful hedge funds, banks, and asset managers in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.