We are looking for an NLP Engineer to join RavenPack´s Development team remotely from anywhere or in our office in Marbella, Spain. You will be part of the NLP group in our Analytics team which is in charge of the development and maintenance of applications that, among other things, extract data from incoming news and deliver machine-friendly analytics to customers. You will report directly to the NLP Manager and will work with an international team of developers skilled in Common Lisp, Java, Python, and SQL.
The ability to communicate effectively in English both in writing and verbally is a must. Knowledge of Spanish is not a business requirement.
In this role, you will bridge the gap between programmers who are not linguists and linguists who are not programmers. This is primarily a programming job and a unique opportunity to learn or improve your Common Lisp.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, or equivalent industry experience.
- Professional experience working as a developer in any language or equivalent university project experience or quality personal projects.
- Willing to learn Common Lisp and use it in the job.
- Either training in or experience of working with computational linguistics. An understanding of machine learning would be a bonus.
- Good linguistic comprehension and knowledge of the structural aspects of the English language.
- Fluency in English and a confident understanding of English grammar.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new technologies independently.
- Good documentation and strong communication skills.
You will be assigned various projects with the objective of improving your Common Lisp and computational linguistics skills and your knowledge of our systems. More responsibility will be granted as knowledge and performance improvement.
- Detection of Parts of Speech; sentence decomposition; and consequences of linguistic analysis elsewhere in the system.
- Working closely with the Analytics team's internal customers and looking for innovative ways to help solve their problems.
- Other work includes the development of internal tools and other related functionality used in our products. Our code must always be of the highest quality, easy to maintain, and efficient.
We help organizations extract value and insights from large amounts of information - and we do it quickly and easily. Our products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk and increase operational efficiency. Today, we serve some of the most sophisticated banks, hedge funds, and organizations in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.