RavenPack is looking for a Linguistic Researcher to join our Product Team in Marbella (Spain).
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, you will start working remotely, but eventually, this position will be based at our office in Marbella, Spain.
Training will be provided, you will work directly with senior members of the Editorial team and you will be reporting directly to the Head of the department.
To join RavenPack, you will need to have the ability to communicate effectively in English both in writing and verbally.
*European Union’s legal working status is required
- Very high level of English
- Strong analytical mind
- Ability to communicate effectively (spoken and written)
- Good organizational skills and effective time management
- Knowledge of web and social media applications
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office and Google Documents
- Drive for excellence
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to work individually and as part of a team
- Bachelor's Degree in English Philology, Translation Interpreting, Linguistics or similar is preferred but not required
Responsibilities as an Editorial Analyst
- Find ways to improve our system when detecting events and roles played by entities
- Find new events to be added to RavenPack Taxonomy and model them
- Develop and enhance linguistic features of the system
- Apply linguistic solutions to improve our event detection system
- Perform quality controls of our analytics
- Provide specs of new features and enhancements
- Collaborate with the development team in implementing the specs
We help organizations extract value and insights from large amounts of information - and we do it quickly and easily. Our products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk and increase operational efficiency. Today, we serve some of the most sophisticated banks, hedge funds, and organizations in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.