Lead Data Scientist (Deep Learning & NLP Expert)
Position immediately available for a Senior-level Data Scientist to join RavenPack’s Data Science team in Marbella (Spain). The ability to communicate effectively in English, both in writing and verbally is a must. Knowledge of Spanish is not a business requirement. European Union's legal working status is required.
As the Lead Data Scientist, you will be required to:
- Use your natural language processing expertise to analyze various datasets, building new products and evolving existing models.
- Work closely with our Engineering teams and other Data Science functions, as well as mentoring junior team members
- Provide deep knowledge and leadership in NLP/NLU statistical analysis as a thought leader
- Write production code and communicate with the entire technical team to impact algorithm production.
The successful Lead Data Scientist will likely have the following skills and experience:
- MS or Ph.D. in Computational Linguistics or quantitative field with thesis using NLP
- Strong experience developing and implementing NLP algorithms in a commercial setting – ideally within the Finance sector
- Experience with NLP applied to earnings-call transcripts, legal filings, analysts reports, social media content is a strong plus
- Experienced in statistical modeling, Bayesian inference or other machine learning and statistical methodologies
- Expert in NLP methodologies: word-embeddings, sentiment analysis, NER, topic modeling, etc.
- Programming experience in Python preferred, R a plus
- Machine Translation and BERT experience a plus
- Comfortable using neural networks: RNN/CNN
- Previous experience leading projects preferred
- Proven communicator with a technical team, clients and senior stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial spirit!
We help organizations extract value and insights from large amounts of information - and we do it quickly and easily. Our products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk and increase operational efficiency. Today, we serve some of the most sophisticated banks, hedge funds, and organizations in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.