Location: Marbella, Spain
We are looking for a Java Developer to join RavenPack’s Development team in Marbella (Spain). You will be working with the latest Java versions and frameworks to design and implement maintainable software in Java. You will be working in an international team of developers skilled in functional/reactive programming and distributed applications deployed in the cloud.
The ability to communicate effectively in English, both in writing and verbally is a must. Knowledge of Spanish is not a business requirement.
*European Union’s legal working status is required.
- University background: Software Engineer, Physics, Maths, Mechanic Engineer,...
- Hands-on experience with enterprise Java project designs, development, and maintenance.
- Professional experience working with the Spring framework.
- A deep understanding of Java language in multithreaded applications.
- Ability to work successfully in a small team environment, with a willingness to teach and to learn.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence.
- Problem- solving mind.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of other JVM languages: scala, kotlin
- Knowledge of reactive implementations: RXJava, Reactor, Akka Streams
- Experience working in cloud computing, especially in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience working with containers technologies
- Knowledge of Enterprise Integration Patterns
As a Java Developer, you will be developing and improving backend applications specialized in content collection and integration in highly scalable cloud computing environments.
- Working with third-party providers.
- Researching to find innovative solutions to software problems.
- Contributing to the design of the new features and solutions.
- Taking care of your own area of responsibility with the support of your team.
- Performing peer code review.
- Having fun along the way!
We help organizations extract value and insights from large amounts of information - and we do it quickly and easily. Our products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk and increase operational efficiency. Today, we serve some of the most sophisticated banks, hedge funds, and organizations in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.