IT System Administrator
Location: Marbella, Spain
Is IT your passion, and service excellence your goal? At RavenPack we are looking for an experienced IT System Administrator (SysAdmin) to join RavenPack’s Operations Team.
Join RavenPack and help us maintain multiple cloud and local services supporting a fast-growing technology company. You will research and deploy new services, and help to design and maintain our 99.99% uptime system across a cutting edge infrastructure.
As an IT System Administrator (SysAdmin) you will be reporting directly to the IT Support Team Leader and will interact with an international team of developers skilled in SQL, Python, Java, Common Lisp and Cloud technologies.
The ability to communicate effectively in English both in writing and verbally is a must. Knowledge of Spanish is not a business requirement. European Union legal working status is required. Competitive compensation and a fun working environment. Relocation assistance available, but working remotely is not possible for this position.
Responsibilities as an IT SysAdmin:
You will be in charge of developing and maintaining both cloud and self-hosted infrastructure solutions to provide support to the company’s users. Building, monitoring and provisioning services, automating, scheduling jobs and doing regular checks will be part of your daily tasks.
We are looking for a cross-functional System Administrator who will be in charge of:
- Continuously improving solutions based on users needs.
- Troubleshooting any issue related to operating systems and servers.
- Providing support to the different company departments.
- Staying up to date with the latest trends and proposing new solutions adapted to each situation.
- On-call rotation shifts will be one of your responsibilities.
- 1-2 years of professional experience as Linux and Windows Sys Admin.
- Demonstrable skills with scripting languages (Python, Bash, PowerShell) or equivalent technologies.
- Demonstrable knowledge of network design and troubleshooting.
- Experience at work and communication with external providers.
It would be desirable that you have prior experience with:
- Problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Basic database Administration (relational and NoSQL).
- Automation/provision tools (Chef, Ansible...).
- Container technologies (Docker, Rocket...).
- Cloud environments (AWS, Azure...)
- 3rd party cloud services (Google Apps, Dropbox Business, BackBlaze/B2)
RavenPack is the leading big data analytics provider for financial services. Financial professionals rely on RavenPack for its speed and accuracy in analyzing large amounts of unstructured content. The company's products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk or increase efficiency by systematically incorporating the effects of public information in their models or workflows. RavenPack's clients include the most successful hedge funds, banks, and asset managers in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.