Location: Marbella, Spain
RavenPack, a leading big data technology company in finance, is looking for a General Counsel who will be responsible for leading our strategic and tactical legal and compliance initiatives to promote and protect the company.
As a General Counsel, you will be a key leadership team member with responsibility for directing all strategic legal-related matters at RavenPack. You will be reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
The ability to communicate effectively in English and in Spanish, both in writing and verbally is a must. European Union legal working status is required. Competitive compensation and a fun working environment. Relocation assistance available, but working remotely is not possible for this position.
Responsibilities as a General Counsel
As our General Counsel, you will (1) provide effective legal & regulatory counsel, (2) draft and negotiate contracts, (3) manage legal and compliance issues, and (4) manage the work of outside counsel. This role will also be responsible for the continued development, implementation, and maintenance of the company’s global data privacy program and policies consistent with the applicable local, regional and globally.
The ideal candidate must possess stellar legal instincts, excellent leadership skills, and strong business intuition.
- Provide effective legal & regulatory counsel.
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts including commercial contracts, confidentiality agreements, distribution agreements, vendor agreements, consulting agreements, procurement agreements, etc.
- Manage the work of outside counsel.
- Together with business and functional heads, evaluate the impact of contractual and regulatory requirements on business practices.
- Partner closely with and advise the company’s HR, IT, Information Security, and business teams on privacy and data protection-related matters, including privacy by design.
- Develop and manage the Company’s privacy programs, including development and maintenance of policies and procedures, compliance materials, employee training, and monitoring and support.
- Advise on the global data protection regulatory framework, including the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and other emerging privacy laws and initiatives around the globe.
- Provide day-to-day advice to the business on all intellectual property matters, including adoption and use of trademarks, copyrights and patents.
- Assist with other global compliance initiatives as needed.
- Law degree.
- Minimum of 5+ years legal and corporate counsel experience for a technology company or in the IT domain.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and internal client and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively engage with leaders at all levels and collaborate across functions to achieve workable solutions that meet business needs while effectively managing risk.
- At least 3 years of experience in data privacy environment, with knowledge and experience of operationalizing privacy and data protection frameworks, principles and compliance programs.
- Experience advising on and implementing privacy, and preferably GDPR, best practices.
- Experience in drafting, implementing, and managing corporate data privacy and protection plans and policies.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
- Fluent in English and Spanish
RavenPack is the leading big data analytics provider for financial services. Financial professionals rely on RavenPack for its speed and accuracy in analyzing large amounts of unstructured content. The company's products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk or increase efficiency by systematically incorporating the effects of public information in their models or workflows. RavenPack's clients include the most successful hedge funds, banks, and asset managers in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.