ESG Sustainability Researcher
RavenPack is hiring a an ESG Sustainability Researcher to join RavenPack’s Quantitative Research team. Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, you will start working remotely, but eventually, this position will be based at our beautiful office in Marbella, Spain.
As an ESG Sustainability Researcher, you will be participating in the development of new ESG products, as well as showcasing the value of our sustainability data for trading and investment purposes across various asset classes and time horizons. You will be reporting to the Head of Quantitative Research and will interact with peers across various lines of business and technical teams to support projects that will span big data analysis and product development among others.
The ability to communicate effectively in English, both in writing and verbally is a must. Knowledge of Spanish is not a business requirement.
(European Union’s legal working status is required).
- 3 - 5 years of financial services experience with a special focus on ESG and Sustainability
- Experience in financial analysis, with a strong business and financial acumen
- Proven presentation, communication, and influencing skills with senior stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial and proactive mindset
- Knowledge of quantitative modeling/regression analysis techniques and the ability to code in Python, R, SAS, or Matlab
- An enthusiastic and collaborative approach to research and the desire to work with colleagues as smart as you
- BSc./MSc. (or Ph. D.) in economics, finance, or accounting
- Experience working with alternative data would be an advantage
- The ability to code in SQL is desirable
As an ESG Sustainability Researcher, you will be part of the team focused on creating research papers to further build RavenPack’s brand as a thought leader in the alternative data industry. Furthermore, you will help drive the future innovation of RavenPack's sustainability product line. You will be working independently on practical use-cases for RavenPack Sentiment showcasing the value of our sustainability data across various asset classes. Furthermore, your responsibilities will include:
- Creating next-generation sustainability data products.
- Detecting, confirming, and amplifying predictive signals in our data while filtering out non-relevant information.
- Providing data insights and discussing your research with the top researchers and investors in the industry.
- Communicating complex analytical concepts in a clear and concise manner to management.
We help organizations extract value and insights from large amounts of information - and we do it quickly and easily. Our products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk and increase operational efficiency. Today, we serve some of the most sophisticated banks, hedge funds, and organizations in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.