Django Web Developer
RavenPack is seeking a Django Web Developer to join an international team of developers skilled in technologies like Python, Java, Common Lisp, and SQL.
You will start working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the situation comes back to normal, you are encouraged to join us at our office in Marbella (Málaga), but the option of Remote Work is also available.
Please take into account that we prefer you working in similar EU time zones.
To join RavenPack, you will need to have the ability to communicate effectively in English both in writing and verbally.
The next RavenPacker will have
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of extensive coding experience in Python using Django. Understanding Flask would be a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Nginx, Apache in some large production deployment.
- Experience working with Docker containers.
- Experience working with ElasticSearch would be a plus.
- Understanding or experience with PL/SQL and Oracle would be a plus.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and servers such as DynamoDB, Kinesis, Redshift, and ECS.
- Understanding of ReactJS will be a plus.
Your responsibilities as a Django Web Developer
You will be working closely with one of our Senior Developers in the biggest project of the Web Development team: the internal tool that manages the core business at RavenPack.
- Work with a large amount of data and make it usable for editorial professionals.
- Design, develop, deploy, maintain and improve medium/big web applications.
- Continually work to improve processes, implement engineering best practices, and develop automated solutions.
- Work with other Engineers, Managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions and meet client expectations.
We help organizations extract value and insights from large amounts of information - and we do it quickly and easily. Our products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk and increase operational efficiency. Today, we serve some of the most sophisticated banks, hedge funds, and organizations in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.