Director of Project Management
RavenPack is looking for a Director of Project Management to join the Business Operations team at our office in Marbella, Spain.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building web-based products for finance that customers love. You will join an energetic team of talented individuals working on a big data analytics platform. You will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, helping our organization to deliver new features that embody the company’s vision and strategy.
The Project Management Office (PMO) ensures that business projects are executed effectively and efficiently, oversees projects and develops and maintains project management methodologies, standards and tools. PMO Director should have more than 10 years of experience as a Senior Project Manager, Program Manager or PMO Officer, with a proven track record of successful project delivery, an ability to improve project management practices, and substantial team leadership experience with a focus on team development.
The ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish both in writing and verbally is a must.
European Union’s legal working status is required.
- Developing and leading the project management office (PMO): The PMO will be a ‘Center of Excellence’ that helps achieve better quality, consistency and oversight of projects across the enterprise by developing and maintaining project management methodologies, standards and tools
- Establishing RavenPack’s approach to the full life cycle of projects: This includes everything from project planning, initiation, resourcing and execution to monitoring, control and completion.
- Ensuring the PMO meets performance targets: Align with the organization’s strategic objectives and create and adhere to best practices.
- Act as a trusted strategic advisor: Partnering with business leaders to help determine resource needs and ensure projects are set up for success
- Strategic Vision for future of PMO: Plan and budget for the future growth of the PMO
Project Management Team Leadership:
- Establish the PMO organization structure, hiring and managing staffing requirements in line with project objectives.
- Oversee the delegation of work to Project Managers, Scrum Masters/Coaches, etc.
- Set annual performance targets for individuals and the team and conduct performance reviews.
- Establish the PMO role and operating model
- Set standards for project management capabilities, including qualifications for Project Managers, success measurement criteria, methodologies, tools to be used, etc.
- Create a ‘Center of Excellence’ to nurture project management practitioners and share knowledge of industry best practices.
Project Tracking & Monitoring:
- Track and provide project status and audit reports.
- Ensure risk mitigation plans are created.
- Oversee Project Managers for the delivery of projects/programs on time, within scope and on budget.
Project Prioritization: * Provide executive leaders with insight into assessment which proposals/projects have the highest potential value and strategic alignment. * Interface with executives to define project priorities, implementation opportunities and challenges, resource planning/needs and keep them up-to-date with project risks and opportunities.
Key skills required
- Expert-level knowledge of project and change management and associated methodologies, techniques, processes and approaches
- Budget, cost and profitability management skills
- Credibility as a senior-level project leader
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to juggle multiple goals and deadlines in the context of the big picture
- Team Leadership & Development: Ability to mentor, coach and effectively transfer expertise to others. Proven success with training teams, both software development and other, in PM methodologies and principles
- Advanced Facilitation, Negotiation & Problem Resolution Skills: Ability to build a strong network and relationships at executive levels along with technology and solutions and throughout the organization
- Resilience and resourcefulness
We help organizations extract value and insights from large amounts of information - and we do it quickly and easily. Our products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk and increase operational efficiency. Today, we serve some of the most sophisticated banks, hedge funds, and organizations in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.