RavenPack is looking for a Database Engineer to join our Development Team.
Join RavenPack and help us manage knowledge extracted from hundreds of thousands of documents each day, all in real-time. You will load large datasets, design and maintain schemas, and help to optimize queries to help maintain our 99.99% uptime across a multi-terabyte system.
As a Database Engineer, you will be reporting directly to the Database Manager and will work with an international team of developers skilled in SQL, Python, Java, Common Lisp and Cloud technologies to ensure that all goals are accomplished in a cost-effective manner.
The ability to communicate effectively in English both in writing and verbally is a must. Knowledge of Spanish is not a business requirement.
European Union’s legal working status is required.
As a Database Engineer, you will be managing vast amounts of data. Your main responsibility will be applying the best practices to ensure that the organization’s databases are operational, reliable, easily accessible, scalable and secure.
You will research, design and implement different technologies and processes to achieve that purpose. You will make the data consistent by creating data backups. You will also be troubleshooting the issues that might appear.
- Evaluating new databases technologies: Ravenpack is constantly looking for new technologies that allow us to offer a better service. *
- Learning new database technologies and work to integrate them into our system will be one of your responsibilities.
- Analyzing the challenge of loading and maintaining large datasets: from choosing the best technology and database, design the perfect schema to work with the application level to maintain the sanity of the data.
- Helping to optimize queries.
- Creating and managing data backups.
- On-call rotation shifts will be one of your responsibilities.
- +2 years of experience working as a Linux Database Engineer with large amounts of data in cloud or equivalent experience.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies. Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform will be strongly considered
- Excellent skills as a database engineer, including ETL (extract, transform and load), backup and restore.
- You must know when to apply relational OLTP (MySQL, Oracle, Postgre, etc.), OLAP (RedShift, Presto) or non-relational (MongoDB, DynamoDB) database technologies.
- ElasticSearch experience administrating, configuring and analyzing queries for improvements.
- Technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark.
- Scripting skills in Bash, Python or similar will also be recognized for this position.
- Professional experience as Linux Sys Admin.
- Demonstrable knowledge of network design and troubleshooting.
We help organizations extract value and insights from large amounts of information - and we do it quickly and easily. Our products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk and increase operational efficiency. Today, we serve some of the most sophisticated banks, hedge funds, and organizations in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.