Data Scientist (Data Evaluation & Infrastructure)
Location: Marbella, Spain
RavenPack is looking for a Data Scientist to join the Data Evaluation and Infrastructure team.
You will be participating in the maintenance/development of internal infrastructure as well as the process of data evaluation and monitoring. You will interact with peers across various lines of business and technical teams to support projects that will span big data analysis and product development among others
The ability to communicate effectively in English both in writing and verbally is a must. Knowledge of Spanish is not a business requirement. European Union legal working status is required. Competitive compensation and a fun working environment. Relocation assistance available. Working remotely is not a possibility for this position.
- Participate in the maintenance and development of the internal Infrastructure.
- Processing and analyzing large datasets to evaluate them at different levels.
- Monitoring analytics to detect unexpected patterns and potential miss behaviour.
- Participate in the development of new products shaping the future of the financial industry.
- Acquiring sophisticated knowledge of Big Data applications across various asset classes and trading horizons.
- Interacting with fun and interesting colleagues across different departments in the organization.
- A Computer Scientist background with knowledge in Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning, etc.
- Hands-on experience with R and SQL.
- Analytical mind with a keen eye for detail.
- Good communicator.
- Experience in report generation, producing statistical summaries and ad-hoc research analysis.
- Experience in Time Series Analysis
- PhD in Computer Science.
- Knowledge of AWS services (Aurora/Redshift/Athena/S3…).
- Experience working with large data sets, or noisy data would be an advantage.
RavenPack is the leading big data analytics provider for financial services. Financial professionals rely on RavenPack for its speed and accuracy in analyzing large amounts of unstructured content. The company's products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk or increase efficiency by systematically incorporating the effects of public information in their models or workflows. RavenPack's clients include the most successful hedge funds, banks, and asset managers in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.