Data Scientist (Quant)
Location: Marbella, Spain
Position immediately available for an entry-level data scientist to join RavenPack’s Data Science team in Marbella.
As a data scientist, you will be participating in the development of new products, as well as showcasing the value of our data for trading and investment purposes across various asset classes and time horizons. You will be reporting directly to the Chief Data Scientist and will interact with peers across various lines of business and technical teams to support projects that will span big data analysis and product development among others.
Responsibilities of a Data Scientist:
- Processing and analyzing large datasets to detect hidden signals and relationships
- Participating in the development of new products shaping the future of the financial industry
- Acquiring sophisticated knowledge of Big Data applications across various asset classes and trading horizons
- Interacting with fun and interesting colleagues
- A PhD/MSc in an applied science, e.g. Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Signal Processing, Machine Learning, Econometrics etc.
- Experience working with large data sets, or noisy data would be an advantage
- Outstanding quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to develop original research
- An enthusiastic and collaborative approach to research and the desire to work with colleagues as smart as you are
- The ability to communicate effectively in English, both in writing and verbally is a must. Knowledge of Spanish is not a business requirement.
- European Union legal working status is required.
RavenPack is the leading big data analytics provider for financial services. Financial professionals rely on RavenPack for its speed and accuracy in analyzing large amounts of unstructured content. The company's products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk or increase efficiency by systematically incorporating the effects of public information in their models or workflows. RavenPack's clients include the most successful hedge funds, banks, and asset managers in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.