Location: Marbella, Spain
RavenPack is hiring a full-time Data Engineer to join our Data Science department in our office in Marbella, Spain. You will be participating in the maintenance and development of internal infrastructure as well as analyzing the content of the data. You will interact with peers across various lines of business and technical teams to support projects that will span big data analysis and product development among others. The ability to communicate effectively in English, both in writing and verbally is a must. Knowledge of Spanish is not a business requirement.
*European Union’s legal working status is required.
- Bachelor´s or Master’s Degree required in Computer Science or other related fields.
- Proficiency and demonstrable skills in statistical software R and database language SQL.
- Experience working with AWS cloud services: S3, Athena, Aurora, Elasticsearch, Dynamodb, etc..
- Knowledge of financial data structures and market data.
- Experience working with large data sets or noisy data is an advantage.
- Experience with Time Series Analysis.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Analytical mind with a keen eye for detail.
- Participate in the maintenance and development of the internal Infrastructure.
- Handle large data requests and efficiently utilize cloud resources for data requests.
- Process and analyze large datasets to evaluate them at different levels.
- Monitor analytics to detect unexpected patterns and potential miss behaviors.
- Participate in the development of new products shaping the future of the financial industry.
- Acquire sophisticated knowledge of Big Data applications across various asset classes and trading horizons.
- Interact with fun and interesting colleagues across different departments in the organization.
We help organizations extract value and insights from large amounts of information - and we do it quickly and easily. Our products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk and increase operational efficiency. Today, we serve some of the most sophisticated banks, hedge funds, and organizations in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.