Senior Common Lisp Developer
Location: Marbella, Spain
At RavenPack we are searching for a Senior Common Lisp Developer to join RavenPack’s Development Team.
As a Common Lisp Developer, you will be part of the Analytics team which is in charge of the development and maintenance of applications that, among other things, extract data from incoming news and deliver user and machine-friendly analytics to customers.
You will be reporting directly to the Analytics Manager and will work with an international team of developers skilled in Common Lisp, Java, Python and SQL.
The ability to communicate effectively in English both in writing and verbally is a must. Knowledge of Spanish is not a business requirement. European Union legal working status is required. Competitive compensation and a fun working environment. Relocation assistance is available, but remote working is not a possibility for this position.
Responsibilities of a Senior Lisp Developer:
As a Senior Common Lisp Developer you will be focused on the maintenance of various applications that extract information from incoming news, performs calculations to enrich that data and then delivers it in machine-readable form to customers. Other work includes the development of internal tools and other related functionality used in our products. Our code must always be of the highest quality, easy to maintain and efficient.
- Researching advanced techniques in text processing
- Developing in Lisp to the highest quality
- Helping to manage various internal applications that form part of our infrastructure
- Assorted other small applications that may include some work in other languages
- +5 years of professional experience working with Lisp or similar technologies or academic research.
- You must be fluent in modern software development practices, including multi-threading, distributed systems, and cloud computing.
- Strong understanding of functional and object-oriented programming.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new technologies independently.
- Good documentation and communication skills
RavenPack is the leading big data analytics provider for financial services. Financial professionals rely on RavenPack for its speed and accuracy in analyzing large amounts of unstructured content. The company's products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk or increase efficiency by systematically incorporating the effects of public information in their models or workflows. RavenPack's clients include the most successful hedge funds, banks, and asset managers in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.