Location: Marbella, Spain
At RavenPack we are searching for a Blockchain Developer to join our international Development Team.
As a Blockchain Developer, you will be working with the latest Scala and Java tools to design and implement Blockchain solutions. You will join our Data Exchange Development team and focus on driving our JVM-based applications forward.
You will be reporting directly to the Director of Bigdata Development in a talented team of Computer Scientists and Software Engineers skilled in Java, Scala, Common Lisp and Python.
The ability to communicate effectively in English both in writing and verbally is a must. Knowledge of Spanish is not a business requirement. European Union legal working status is required. Competitive compensation and a fun working environment. Relocation assistance available, but working remotely is not possible for this position.
Responsibilities of a Blockchain Developer:
As Blockchain Developer, you will be delivering Blockchain solutions and improving applications specialized in content management and integration in distributed environments.
- Build, maintain/redesign and extend Scala and Java components
- Implement data exchange solutions using Blockchain APIs.
- University background: Software Engineer, Physics, Maths, ...
- +3 years of professional experience working with Scala.
- +3 years of hands-on experience with Java architecture, design and development.
- +3 years working with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Good understanding of the Akka toolkit and Scala development best practices.
- Experience with sbt build tool.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, with a willingness to teach and to learn.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence.
- Problem-solving mind.
It would be desirable that you have prior experience working:
- in cloud computing or equivalent knowledge.
- with Blockchain technologies: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Hyperledger...
- on Docker or equivalent knowledge.
- with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- with Camel or similar integration frameworks.
RavenPack is the leading big data analytics provider for financial services. Financial professionals rely on RavenPack for its speed and accuracy in analyzing large amounts of unstructured content. The company's products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk or increase efficiency by systematically incorporating the effects of public information in their models or workflows. RavenPack's clients include the most successful hedge funds, banks, and asset managers in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.