BigData DataBase Administrator (DBA)
Location: MarbellaIn RavenPack we are looking for a Big Data Database Administrator (DBA) to join RavenPack’s Development Team.
Join RavenPack and help us manage knowledge extracted from hundreds of thousands of documents each day, all in real time. You will load large datasets, design and maintain schemas, and help to optimize queries to help maintain our 99.99% uptime across a multi-terabyte system
As a BigData DBA, you will be reporting directly to the Database Team Leader and will work with an international team of developers skilled in SQL, Python, Java, Common Lisp and Cloud technologies to ensure that all goals are accomplished in a cost-effective manner.
The ability to communicate effectively in English both in writing and verbally is a must. Knowledge of Spanish is not a business requirement. European Union legal working status is required. Competitive compensation and a fun working environment. Relocation assistance available, but working remotely is not possible for this position.
Responsibilities of a Big Data Database Administrator (DBA):
As a Big Data Database Administrator (DBA), you will be managing vast amounts of data. Your main responsibility will be applying the best practices to ensure that the organization’s databases are operational, reliable, easily accessible, scalable and secure.
You will research, design and implement different technologies and processes to achieve that purpose. You will make the data consistent by creating data backups. You will also be troubleshooting the issues that might appear.
Analyzing the challenge of loading and maintaining large datasets: from choosing the best technology and database, design the perfect schema to work with the application level to maintain the sanity of the data.
- Helping to optimize queries.
- Creating and managing data backups.
- On-call rotation shifts will be one of your responsibilities.
- +2 years of experience working as a Linux Database Administrator (DBA) with large amount of data in cloud or equivalent experience.
- Excellent skills as a database engineer, including ETL (extract, transform and load), backup and restore.
- You must know when to apply relational OLTP (MySQL, Oracle, Postgre, etc.), OLAP (RedShift, Presto) or non-relational (MongoDB, DynamoDB) database technologies.
It would be desirable that you have prior experience in:
Technologies such as ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform will be strongly considered.
- Scripting skills in Bash, Python or similar will also be recognized for this position.
- Professional experience as Linux Sys Admin.
- Demonstrable knowledge of network design and troubleshooting.
RavenPack is the leading big data analytics provider for financial services. Financial professionals rely on RavenPack for its speed and accuracy in analyzing large amounts of unstructured content. The company's products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk or increase efficiency by systematically incorporating the effects of public information in their models or workflows. RavenPack's clients include the most successful hedge funds, banks, and asset managers in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.