Accounts Payable Specialist
RavenPack is the leading big data analytics provider for financial services. Financial professionals rely on RavenPack for its speed and accuracy in analyzing large amounts of unstructured content. RavenPack’s products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk and increase efficiency by systematically incorporating the effects of public information in their models or workflows. Our clients include the most successful hedge funds, banks, and asset managers in the world!
We’re looking for
RavenPack is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist with at least 5 years of accounting experience to join our
The ideal candidate will manage accounts payable, process all the payments in a timely manner, and support accounting practices. We are looking for a professional with a high level of English, spoken and written, as most of the communication with providers will be through email.
This position is based at our office in Marbella, Spain.
European Union’s legal working status is required.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Complete payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Pay vendors by scheduling bank transfers and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit.
- Resolve purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Correspondence with vendors and respond to inquiries regarding accounts.
- Prepare analyses of accounts and produce monthly reports.
- Assist with month-end closing.
- Provide supporting documentation for audits.
- Maintain vendor files
- Maintain accurate historical records.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an Accountant
- A bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Fluent in Spanish and excellent command of English, both in writing and verbal.
- Advanced knowledge of Spanish Accounting Rules.
- Proven experience with ERP systems.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite software (Excel, Word, Etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner.
- Eye for detail, accuracy is imperative.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative.
- Fast learner - able to learn new programs and skills quickly.
Nice to have
- Key user working knowledge of SAP desired.
- International accounting practices experience is a plus
- Knowledge of the Immediate Supply of Information on VAT (SII)
We help organizations extract value and insights from large amounts of information - and we do it quickly and easily. Our products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk and increase operational efficiency. Today, we serve some of the most sophisticated banks, hedge funds, and organizations in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.